Navajo Rug FAQ
- How long does it take to weave a Navajo rug?
2 to 3 months for an average weave 4′ x 6′ rug, or 5 to 6 months for an exceptional weave. There are no short cuts using the traditional weaving process. They are all hand woven on an a traditional upright loom.
- What is a Spirit Line? Click here to see a video about Spirit Lines.
- What are Lazy Lines? Click here to see a video, Steve Getzwiller explains Lazy Lines.
- What is a Chief Blanket? Click here to see Steve Getzwill explain what a Chief Blanket is.
- What are the 3 phases of a Chief Blanket? Click here to see Steve Getzwiller explain the 3 phases of the Chief Blankets
We ship anywhere in the world and can ship the same day if necessary. We usually ship Priority Mail – unless you you prefer another method. We charge actual shipping charges and no more. Velcro is included if you are purchasing a rug to hang.
All weavings are guaranteed to your satisfaction upon personal inspection. If not completely satisfied you may return for a refund or exchange, your preference. This process could take a couple of days.
- I need a number of weavings to decorate my home, can you help?
Yes, we can help you with floor rugs, wall hangings, lap blankets, and bed spreads. Custom orders and consultations are possible.
- Can I come see the rugs in person?
Yes, we invite clients to come to the Nizhoni Ranch Gallery. We are only 30 minutes from the Tucson airport. Just contact us to arrange an appointment.
- I am very interested in beginning a collection, can you help me?
Yes, we have the inventory and years of experience to help the new and advanced collector of both contemporary and historic weavings.
Return & Exchange Policy
- Items sold by navajorug.com (Nizhoni Ranch Gallery) may be returned if you are not completely satisfied upon personal inspection of your purchase, you may exchange your item(s) or return for a refund, within 7 days of purchase.
All products will be shipped within 1-2 business days of receiving the order. If paying by credit card, we will need the billing address for that credit card. Most orders are sent via U.S. Postal Service. Delivery confirmation is used to show that the product has been delivered to the shipping location you specified in your order. UPS and FEDEX are also options if requested, a service that provides tracking numbers for all shipments. UPS and FEDEX orders cannot be shipped to a PO Box, so be sure to use a physical address when requesting this service.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We dislike our information being distributed as much as you do, so information we collect is not sold to any third party. We may however use your contact information to notify you about new products, product promotions, and event updates.
All images on this website are the explicitly owned and copyright of Steve & Gail Getzwiller and Nizhoni Ranch Gallery and Classic & Contemporary Amerind Art, Inc. Any reproduction or publishing of images on the website without express permission of Steve and Gail Getzwiller is prohibited. Any reproduction of color pallatte or similar design is expressly prohibited.